Athlete Protection Training
MANDATORY TRAINING FOR NON-ATHLETE MEMBERS
USA Swimming LEARN, a new online education hub, has launched! the apt requirement will have some slight changes. More details can be found below.
All non-athlete members of USA Swimming are required to complete the Athlete Protection Training by clicking the link below. New members will be required to have their non-athlete application form and payment processed by their LSC registrar before they can sign in to complete the course.
This certification is required for all new and existing members including coaches, officials, chaperones, meet directors. If you have registered with USA Swimming for the first time, this is the course you need to take.
The course is free of charge and, upon completion, should update in your membership record within 24 hours. Initiate the course by entering your information in the boxes below.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR COMPLETION
To complete the Athlete Protection Training Certification, please follow the directions below:
- Enter your first name, last name, and birthday. Make sure to use your legal name. Click the Search button.
- When the system finds you, click on "CONTINUE" to access the LEARN site.
- You must take two short courses to earn 75 points:
- "Safe Sport: Ready, Set, Go!" (50 pts.) and
- EITHER "Preventing Bullying" OR "What Would You Do?" (25 pts. each)
- Once you have completed your courses, your membership record will update within 24 hours with a new APT expiration date.
If you get a "No Results Found" message, one of three things has happened:
- You may have made a typo on your name and birthday. Double check and resubmit.
- If everything is correct and you are or have ever been a member of USA Swimming, it is possible that there is a typo in your membership information in the USA Swimming database. Contact your LSC registrar.
- You have never been registered with USA Swimming. You must join through your LSC. New members will be required to have your non-athlete application form and payment processed by your LSC registrar before you can sign in to complete the course.
Once you have located your personal information above, you will be taken from the USA Swimming website to LEARN to complete the course. If you experience any difficulty on the LEARN, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
When will new material be available?
In the coming months, more courses will be available for members on a variety of topics related to Safe Sport. You will see the "elective" course selection grow over the next year.
How do I come back to LEARN if I logout?
As a member, you MUST ALWAYS enter LEARN by entering your name and DOB at sftest.usaswimming.org/apt or sftest.usaswimming.org/learn. If you make a non-member account on LEARN, you will not receive credit for the courses you take.