Club Leadership & Business Management School (CLBMS) 201 Central States Swim Clinic
USA Swimming offers this exciting and unique workshop for coaches and board members to learn how to be effective in leading and governing their team. This course is required for all new clubs. Besides new clubs, it is also highly recommended for all existing programs and is open to everyone. If you are a Board Governed program it is recommended that both the Board Chair and the Head Coach attend.
There is a small $20 registration fee for this course to help cover the room rental cost.
The course is being held over two evenings: May 18 & 19th from 6:30-9pm each evening. Attendance at both evening sessions is required to fulfill the CLBMS 201 requirement.
Completion of the 101 online course is advisable prior to attending this 201 course.
Registration information can be found below in the Resources section
The course will be taught by USA Swimming staff members:
- Randy Julian, Central Zone Sport Development Consultant
- Tom Avischious, Field Services Director
- Mission and structure
- Finances, budgets and fundraising
- Policy setting
- Strategies for the future
- Staff & BOD responsibilities
- Using task forces & committees
- Engaging volunteers
- Meetings & agendas
- Developing leaders
- Insurance issues for clubs
- Safe Sport review
During the course you will learn
- Effective ways to communicate on your team
- Items to look for when developing a budget
- Understanding fiduciary responsibility
- Fundraising suggestions
- How to govern more and manage less
- Ten basic responsibilities of a board
- Three legal duties of a board
- Available resources