Club Leadership & Business Management School (CLBMS) 201 OH Swimming
USA Swimming offers this exciting and unique workshop for coaches and board members to learn how to be effective in leading and governing their team. Swim Club leaders work together in learning about new strategies to improve their club. This course is required for all new clubs. However, it is also highly recommended for all existing programs and is open to everyone. If you are a Board Governed program it is recommended that both the Board Chair and the Head Coach attend.
Completion of the 101 online course is advisable prior to attending this 201 course.
Register with Ohio Swimming at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Course will be held at the Blackwell Inn & Conference Center at the Ohio State University from 9:30a-3:30p.
The course will be taught by Tom Avischious, USA Swimming's Field Services Director.
- Mission and structure
- Finances, budgets and fundraising
- Policy setting
- Strategies for the future
- Staff & BOD responsibilities
- Using task forces & committees
- Engaging volunteers
- Meetings & agendas
- Developing leaders
- Insurance issues for clubs
- Safe Sport review
During the course you will learn
- Effective ways to communicate on your team
- Items to look for when developing a budget
- Understanding fiduciary responsibility
- Fundraising suggestions
- How to govern more and manage less
- Ten basic responsibilities of a board
- Three legal duties of a board
- Available resources