Coach Owner Seminar/Workshop
USA Swimming’s Club Development Division will host the 2017 Coach Owner Seminar/Workshop at the Olympic Training Center on March 31st, April 1st & 2nd.
This is one of the most important weekends of the year for those attendees who are considering owning their own swim club/business. The seminar/workshop is conducted on two full 8-hour days (Saturday and Sunday). Departure is Monday morning.
This year’s presenters will be sharing their experiences of owning and operating their own swim club:
- Dan McDonough, CEO of Texas Ford Aquatics
- Paris Jacobs, Machine Aquatics, and
- Kathy Mendez, co-owner of King Marlin Swim Club
Mick and Sue Nelson will be welcoming you Friday at 4:30pm with “What’s new with pools & programming”
You will have time to network with other coaches across the country about the future of “swim clubs”.
Insurance is also a very important topic for coaches to gain a better understanding how it works when owning your own swim club. George Ward with USA Swimming will be sharing information on the importance of insurance and what USA Swimming has to offer.
Cost: $75/person before March 1st. $100/person after March 1 (assuming space is still available)
Registration limited to the first 35 USA Swimming coach members
- You must be a registered USA Swimming member-coach in good standing
- Registrations fee includes housing and meals for the workshop attendees at the Olympic Training Center in Colorado Springs for Friday, Saturday and Sunday evenings with check-out on Monday April 3rd. You will be sharing a room with someone.
- After you register you will receive USOC forms to fill out before you arrive
- Book and pay for your own travel.
- Ground transportation will be provided to/from the Colorado Springs airport (no pickup from the Denver airport). Please provide travel arrival and departure to Sue Nelson