By USA Swimming | Sunday, August 26, 2018Complete Results
SUVA, Fiji – The United States concluded a dominant performance at the 2018 Junior Pan Pacific Championships on Sunday by adding 14 medals, including seven more gold, at the Damodar Aquatic Centre.
Team USA wrapped up the meet with 54 total medals – 27 gold, 19 silver and eight bronze – to secure the team title.
Sunday’s gold medalists included Alex Walsh (Nashville Aquatic Club) in the women’s 200-meter individual medley, Carson Foster (Mason Manta Rays) in the men’s 200m IM, Maxine Parker (Cats Aquatic Team) in the women’s 50m freestyle, Daniel Roy (Stanford Swimming) in the men’s 200m breaststroke and Ross Dant (Hickory Foundation Seahorse) in the men’s 800m free.
In the final two events of the competition, United States swept the men’s and women’s 400m medley relay gold medals, with the women setting a meet record in 4:02.33.
Sunday’s Team USA medalists at the 2018 Junior Pan Pacific Championships included:
- Gold, Women’s 200m IM: Alex Walsh, 2:12.06
- Gold, Men’s 200m IM: Carson Foster, 1:59.86
- Gold, Women’s 50m Free: Maxine Parker, 25.39
- Gold, Men’s 200m Breast: Daniel Roy, 2:11.79
- Gold, Men’s 800m Free: Ross Dant, 8:00.51
- Gold, Women’s 400m Medley Relay: Phoebe Bacon, Emily Weiss, Lucie Nordmann, Gretchen Walsh, 4:02.33 (Meet Record)
- Gold, Men’s 400m Medley Relay: Peter Larson, Daniel Roy, Gianluca Urlando, Drew Kibler, 3:39.04
- Silver, Men’s 200m IM: Gianluca Urlando, 2:00.60
- Silver, Women’s 50m Free: Gretchen Walsh, 25.57
- Silver, Men’s 50m Free: Drew Kibler, 22.81
- Silver, Women’s 200m Breast: Ella Nelson, 2:27.83
- Silver, Men’s 200m Breast: AJ Pouch, 2:11.80
- Silver, Women’s 1500m Free: Mariah Denigan, 16:24.35
- Bronze, Men’s 800m Free: Jake Magahey, 8:06.16