By USA Swimming | Tuesday, May 29, 2018
COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. – USA Swimming will round out its roster for the 10-kilometer open water event at this summer’s Pan Pacific Championships on Thursday at the French Open Water Swimming Championships in Gravelines, France.
Ten Americans are slated to compete in the 10K event and the top two eligible American men’s and women’s finishers not already qualified for Pan Pacs will punch their tickets to Tokyo in August.
The men’s race will begin at 5 a.m. EDT, followed by the women at 9:30 a.m. EDT. A webcast will be available at www.beinsports.com.
Already bound for Pan Pacs with top-two finishes at this month’s USA Swimming Open Water Championships in Tempe, Arizona, are Ashley Twichell (Fayetteville, N.Y./TAC Titans) and Haley Anderson (Granite Bay, Calif./Trojan Swim Club) on the women’s side and Jordan Wilimovsky (Malibu, Calif./Team Santa Monica) and David Heron (Mission Viejo, Calif./Tennessee Aquatics). Twichell, Anderson and Heron will compete on Thursday.
The complete United States’ line-up is as follows:
- Haley Anderson (Trojan Swim Club)
- Katy Campbell (Team Santa Monica)
- Hannah Moore (Wolfpack Elite)
- Chase Travis (Nation’s Capital Swim Club)
- Ashley Twichell (TAC Titans)
- Taylor Abbott (Tennessee Aquatics)
- Michael Brinegar (Mission Viejo Nadadores)
- Brendan Casey (Cavalier Swimming)
- Brennan Gravley (Sandpipers of Nevada)
- David Heron (Tennessee Aquatics)
Bruce Gemmell of Nation’s Capital Swim Club is serving as head coach for the team, with Rich Murphy of Tennessee Aquatics in the role of assistant coach.
Following Thursday’s 10K, the U.S. will field a squad in Friday’s Team Relay event.
No Results Found
This is used as a workaround to display Twitter feeds properly. Please do not modify or remove - Michael C