| Friday, March 3, 2017Mission Statement: To conduct programs to recruit, educate, train and certify a diverse team of USA Swimming officials to provide the highest quality and consistent officiating for athletes at all levels of swimming.
Membership: The committee shall consist of eight (8) members appointed by the President and two (2) athletes designated by the Athletes’ Committee. The Chair of the Rules and Regulations Committee shall be an ex officio member with voice but no vote. The Presidential appointments shall be for a term of four (4) years which shall be staggered so that 25% of such members are appointed annually. The President or his designee shall choose one of the appointed persons to act as the Committee Chair, or in lieu thereof, name two (2) persons to serve as co-chairs. The chair(s) shall be appointed annually and may, at the pleasure of the President, serve in that capacity for four (4) consecutive years, but not longer.
1. Promulgate officials’ minimum performance standards for all USA Swimming sanctioned or sponsored events.
2. Develop and publish educational materials and conduct training seminars and clinics for officials.
3. Develop and maintain testing materials for officials at all levels including open water swimming. Develop and maintain questions for the coach foundation test.
4. Assist staff in maintaining a current roster of LSC Officials’ Chairs and Zone Officials’ Chairs.
5. Work with LSC Officials Chairs and Zone Officials Chairs to provide support for local swim officiating programs
6. Supervise the certification of all officials above the LSC level.
7. Assist staff in maintaining a roster of officials certified above the LSC level.
8. The Officials Chair or co-chairs, together with the Vice President of Program Operations, will review and approve the selection of officials for all USA Swimming Championships and other USA Swimming competitions when requested by USA Swimming, in accordance with established policies.
9. The Officials Chair or co-chairs, together with the Vice President of Program Operations, will identify potential nominees for appointment to the FINA and UANA officials’ lists for submission to the Board of Directors of USA Swimming, in accordance with established policies.
10. Develop specialized programs as necessary to ensure quality officiating at Open Water Meets.
11. Work with other swimming bodies to promote fairness and consistency of officiating for all athletes.
No Results Found
This is used as a workaround to display Twitter feeds properly. Please do not modify or remove - Michael C