| Friday, March 3, 2017Mission Statement: To act as a hearing body to resolve matters, questions and disputes involving USA Swimming, the Local Swimming Committees, or the membership.
Membership: The National Board of Review shall be comprised of a Chair and one or more Vice Chairs, all of whom shall be appointed by the President. Hearing panel members shall be appointed by the Chair and confirmed by the President and the Secretary & General Counsel. The term of the Chair shall be two (2) years and there shall be no term limit.
The National Board of Review has the authority set forth in Part Four of the Rules and Regulations, including without limitation, to:
1. Impose and enforce penalties for any violation of the rules and regulations, administrative or technical, of the Corporation.
2. Determine the eligibility and right to compete of any athlete.
3. Vacate, modify, sustain, reverse, or stay any decision or order properly submitted for review, or remand the matter for further action.
4. Investigate any election impropriety or cause for removal of a national committee member or national officer and take corrective action.
5. Interpret any provision of the rules and regulations of the Corporation with the exception of the technical rules contained in Part One of the USA Swimming Rules and Regulations.
6. Review any revocation, suspension, or reinstatement of membership to assure due process.
7. Issue such interim orders, prohibitory or mandatory in nature, as may be necessary pending a final decision of the Board of Directors.