| Sunday, February 12, 2017Want to get started as an official and help USA Swimming run consistent, high-quality and technically-correct competitions?
Officials join USA Swimming and are certified by the Local Swimming Committee (LSC) where they reside.
Each LSC sets their own requirements for officiating, but there are basic steps required for all officials:
- Register as an apprentice official (some LSCs do not offer this option and you must register as a full official to start). Once your training is completed, you will register and pay membership dues as a full official.
- Attend an officials clinic (stroke and turn training)
- Complete a Level 2 Background Check
- Complete Athlete Protection Training
- Complete on-deck sessions shadowing a certified official