The Club Excellence Program is a voluntary program that identifies and recognizes USA Swimming clubs for their commitment to performance excellence. This program strives to meet the following objectives:
- Promote the development of strong, well-rounded age group and senior swimming programs that produce elite 18 & under athletes;
- Provide recognition and resources to motivate and assist member clubs to strive for the highest ideals of athlete performance.
The program provides grant funding and recognizes the club development system as integral to achieving excellence in the sport.
2020 PROGRAM TIMELINE
- September 6, 2019 - Program announcement distributed to all USA Swimming clubs. Application forms and information available on the USA Swimming website.
- October 18, 2019 - Deadline for applications from clubs to USA Swimming. The application will be available here.
- December - Club rankings announced by USA Swimming & Grant applications sent to all Gold and Silver clubs.
- February 14, 2020 - Deadline for grant applications to USA Swimming from Gold and Silver clubs.
- April 10, 2020 - Grant awards announced by USA Swimming.
Please direct any questions regarding the program to Sydney Pinello at email@example.com.
BENEFITS OF PARTICIPATION
The program annually recognizes up to 200 outstanding clubs and provides monetary grants to those who qualify as Gold Medal or Silver Medal clubs. Upon recognition as a Gold, Silver or Bronze Medal Club, recipients enjoy the following benefits:
- A 4 'x 6' banner recognizing their level of achievement.
- The right to use the Club Excellence Program logo on the club website and in advertising/promotional materials through December 31st of the program year.
- The club's level of achievement is displayed on the USA Swimming website in the club search section
- Gold and Silver level clubs are eligible to apply for grant funding.
Complete information for the current year program can be found in the program description provided at the link below. In order to apply, clubs must complete the following information before the October application deadline:
- Complete the online application form.
- Submit the performance scoring information using the Online Meet Entry (OME) system.
Club excellence application
There are two parts to the Club Excellence program application; the electronic general information component and the Online Meet Entry (OME) system for the performance scoring component. Both parts must be completed and submitted to USA Swimming.
It may be helpful to complete a rough draft of the application by hand prior to completing the electronic application. This option is provided to help you work through the application. The paper copy is not acceptable for submission.
You must enter your information via this online tool; paper versions will not be accepted.
Once completed, we recommend that you print a hard copy of this portion of the application. To do so, you must print the summary on the last page before you click "submit".
The application deadline is October 18th.If you have receipts from 2018 or 2019, please send them to Sydney Pinello at firstname.lastname@example.org.